The basics everyone needs to know. Those that don't know this stuff, don't have an informed opinion.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
As the image summarizes, in America you have a 99.4% chance of dying of something other than murder (this drops much further if you're not democrat/black/latino and in a gang). Then if you are murdered, your odds of being murdered in a mass shooting is 0.2% (99.8% it's some other way). Children have a much higher chance of dying on the walk or drive to school than in a school shooting. The Democrats and their media have convinced the gullible to fear the wrong things.
|The left believes that the U.S. has the biggest problem with mass murder, that gun control helps in general, and would help with mass murder. That school shootings are prevalent. That the NRA and Conservatives are the problem by resisting their gun control laws. And that if they were free to take away just a little more liberty, they could make the world a better place.||The facts are that the U.S. is low in mass murders compared to many places. Gun control is a distraction and can't work in the U.S., and our problems are more with soft-on-crime, soft-on-mental illness, sensationalizing mass shootings and keeping schools and malls soft targets: all policies of the left. The government has massacred more Americans than mass shooters have. And subverting the Constitution (2A) without an amendment would cost far more lives than it would save.|
|One of the ways people manipulate others is with semantics. They categorize and compartmentalize Mass Murder, Mass Shootings, Spree Killing, and a "Massacre" differently. Then they can pretend that this was the biggest X, by not looking at Y and Z. But murdered is dead, and in risks, death counts, solutions, the differences between being killed by a spree killer, and a massacre, is a distinction without a difference. So I just sloppily group them as "Massacres", because they didn't want to be dead.|
Facts[edit | edit source]
- This is a list of the major Mass Murders and with enough supplemental data to help show why gun control doesn't really matter.
- Of course no data is required to convince people of what they want to believe, and all the data won't convince people who don't. This is for the rest.
- Nationally? No significant difference in places with or without gun control. Globally? Whether there were gun laws or not, people got guns, or worse; trucks, bombs, fire, etc. And still killed lots of people. Often the alternatives to guns were more effective. In the rest, it was about response times; and places without guns took longer to get a response.
- Laws don't change people. If someone is going to break the law (murder people, usually in gun free zones), a gun regulation isn't going to slow them down. These laws are passed by legislators and rubes that speed, drive drunk, get caught cheating on their taxes, or don't remember the abject failure of alcohol prohibition or the war on drugs. Bad laws (ones that a large section of the public doesn't agree with), just teaches contempt fo the law, creates black markets, and punishes the otherwise law abiding.
Answers[edit | edit source]
- Mass Murder/Semantics - Quick, would you rather be burned alive or shot in the head by a sniper? Semantic tricks by the left, like tracking "mass shootings" over "mass murders" or government "massacres", are done to dupe the gullible into believing that guns are more prevalent or the worst option. We'd rather nobody died. But winning isn't replacing shootings with bombings or truck attacks.
- Mass Murder/Sensationalizing - We've known for 40 years, the more you sensationalize mass murder, the more deaths (copy cats) you get. Democrats/left aren't stupid/ignorant, and thus know this as they've been told by experts, and they and their media do it anyways, because little coffins make great soapboxes from which to further their agenda (fundraising, getting votes, and stealing liberty).
- Mass Murder/Gun-Free Zones - Gun-Free Zones cost lives; stats prove it. Death rates are correlated to response times and Good guys with guns are closer and stop or distract the shooters faster. Manifestos document these areas are targeted. But if Democrats hardened these targets, they couldn't campaign on gun bans, so they push these policies knowing they cause tiny coffins.
[edit | edit source]
Global Massacres[edit source]
|55,000,000||Global Massacres/Great Leap Forward||Govt||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1958|
|5,000,000||Global Massacres/Holodomor||Govt||⬅️ Left||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1932|
|2,000,000||Global Massacres/Campaign to Suppresss Counterrevolutionaries||Govt||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1950|
|1,500,000||Global Massacres/Cultural Revolution||Govt||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1966|
|1,657||Global Massacres/Bombay bombings (1993)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1993|
|1,141||Global Massacres/Beslan School Shooting||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Freedom Fighters||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2004|
|924||Global Massacres/Mumbai Train Bombings||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2006|
|871||Global Massacres/Moscow Theater||Chechen Rebels||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2002|
|732||Global Massacres/Budyonnovsk hospital crisis||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Freedom Fighters||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1995|
|544||Global Massacres/Nice truck attack||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||French ignored warnings||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2016|
|543||Global Massacres/November Paris Attacks||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||French ignored warnings||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2015|
|475||Global Massacres/Mumbai attacks (2008)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2008|
|406||Global Massacres/Norway Attacks (2011)||Green Nationalism (GRT)||⬅️ Left||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2011|
|400||Global Massacres/Mandwi massacre||Anti-Bengali Massacre||Insurgency||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1980|
|352||Global Massacres/Mumbai car bombings (2003)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2003|
|350||Global Massacres/Rafiganj train wreck||Maoist Terrorists||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2002|
|343||Global Massacres/Daegu subway fire||Revenge||Attempted Suicide||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2003|
|325||Global Massacres/Paris massacre of 1961||Govt/Police||Authoritarianism||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1961|
|296||Global Massacres/Jaipur Bombings (2008)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2008|
|272||Global Massacres/Delhi bombings (2005)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||❓Unknown||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2005|
|239||Global Massacres/Malaysia Flight 370||🤪 Mental Health||Suicide||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2014|
|229||Global Massacres/Tian Mingjian||Revenge||Forced Abortion||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1994|
|224||Global Massacres/Metrojet Flight 9268||Terrorism||❓Unknown||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2015|
|178||Global Massacres/Kunming attack||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2014|
|170||Global Massacres/UTA Flight 772||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1989|
|159||Global Massacres/Yangquan Bombing||🤪 Mental Health||Suicide||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1981|
|150||Global Massacres/Germanwings Flight 9525||🤪 Mental Health||Suicide||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2015|
|146||Global Massacres/Shijiazhuang bombings||Revenge||Women||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2001|
|132||Global Massacres/China Flight 5735||Suicide||❓Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2021|
|101||Global Massacres/Chengdu Bus Fire||❓Unknown||❓Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2009|
|92||Global Massacres/Uiryeong massacre||Govt (Policeman)||❓Unknown||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1982|
|91||Global Massacres/Christchurch Shooting||Green Nationalism (GRT)||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone|
Stopped by Good guy with a gun
|91||Global Massacres/Kerch Polytechnic||🤪 Mental Health||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2018|
|81||Global Massacres/Xiamen Bus Fire||Suicide||❓Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2009|
|70||Global Massacres/Grozny Clashes (2014)||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Freedom Fighters||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2014|
|68||Global Massacres/Berlin Truck Attack||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||ISIS||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2016|
|59||Global Massacres/Mushui Vehicle Attack||Revenge||Prior Convictions||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2018|
|46||Global Massacres/Munich Shooting||🤪 Mental Health||Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2016|
|37||Global Massacres/Lanjisu Internet Cafe||Revenge||Prior Convictions||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2002|
|27||Global Massacres/Charlie Hebdo||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Comics mocking Mohamed||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2015|
|26||Global Massacres/Toronto van attack||🤪 Mental Health||Incel / Revenge||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2018|
|25||Global Massacres/Winnenden (School)||🤪 Mental Health||Anger issues||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2009|
|20||Global Massacres/Munich Olympics||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||Jewish State||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1972|
|18||Global Massacres/Erfurt (School)||Revenge (Expulsion)||❓Unknown||🚫 Strict Gun Control||2002|
|10||Global Massacres/Shanghai Shooting||Revenge||Financial Dispute||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2013|
|1||Global Massacres/Abe Assassination||Assassination||Terrorism||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2022|
U.S. Massacres[edit source]
|8,996||U.S. Massacres/Twin Towers||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2001|
|1,100||U.S. Massacres/Tulsa Race Riots||Government/Racism||⬅️ Left (KKK)||1921|
|929||U.S. Massacres/Jonestown||🤪 Cult||⬅️ Left||🚫 Strict Gun Control||1978|
|848||U.S. Massacres/Oklahoma City Bombing||Revenge||➡️ Right||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1995|
|472||U.S. Massacres/Las Vegas||🤪 Mental Health|
❓☪️ Islamic Terrorism
|⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2017|
|438||U.S. Massacres/Wall Street Bombing||Anti-capitalists||⬅️ Left||1920|
|376||U.S. Massacres/Wounded Knee||Govt (7th Cavalry)||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1890|
|297||U.S. Massacres/Chicago (avg month)||Democrat Policies||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2021|
|267||U.S. Massacres/Boston Marathon||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2013|
|147||U.S. Massacres/Mountain Meadows Massacre||Utah Territorial Militia||↔️ Both||1857|
|103||U.S. Massacres/Bath School disaster||Revenge||❓ Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1927|
|102||U.S. Massacres/Pulse Nightclub||☪️ Islamic Terrorism||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2016|
|102||U.S. Massacres/Waco Siege||Govt (ATF/FBI)||➡️ Right||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1993|
|82||U.S. Massacres/Aurora Theater||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2012|
|46||U.S. Massacres/El Paso||Green Nationalism (GRT)||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2019|
|40||U.S. Massacres/Robb Elementary||🤪 Mental Illness||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2022|
|39||U.S. Massacres/Heavens Gate||🤪 Cult||❓ Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||1997|
|30||U.S. Massacres/Sandy Hook||❓Unknown||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2012|
|23||U.S. Massacres/Club Q||Unknown||Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2022|
|21||U.S. Massacres/Gilroy Garlic Festival||❓Unknown||❓ Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone|
🕊️ Gun Control State
|19||U.S. Massacres/Gabby Giffords (Tucson)||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2011|
|18||U.S. Massacres/Binghamton||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone|
🕊️ Gun Control State
|17||U.S. Massacres/Geneva County||🤪 Mental Health||❓Unknown||2009|
|13||U.S. Massacres/Buffalo||Green Nationalism/GRT||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone|
🕊️ Gun Control State
|13||U.S. Massacres/Collier Township||Revenge / Incel||❓Unknown||2009|
|10||U.S. Massacres/Charleston Church||Revenge/Racism||❓Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2015|
|7||U.S. Massacres/Congressional Baseball||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2011|
|5||U.S. Massacres/Ruby Ridge||Govt (ATF/FBI)||⬅️ Left||1992|
|5||U.S. Massacres/UVA Shooting||Revenge/Bullying||Revenge/Bullying||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2022|
|4||U.S. Massacres/Idaho Mass Murder||Unknown||Unknown||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2022|
|1||FRC Shooting||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone||2012|
|U.S. Massacres/Carthage Nursing Home||Revenge||❓ Unknown||2009|
|U.S. Massacres/Hialeah shooting||🤪 Crazy / Rage||⬅️ Left? (Miami Cuban)||2013|
|U.S. Massacres/Seal Beach||Divorce/Depression||❓Unkown||🕊️ Strict Gun Control State||2011|
|U.S. Massacres/UCSB - Isla Vista||🤪 Mental Health (Incel)||⬅️ Left||🚫 Gun Free Zone |
🕊️ Gun Control State
|U.S. Massacres/iHOP||🤪 Mental Health||⬅️ Left||2011|
Conclusions[edit | edit source]
Democrats love to stand on graves of the dead and spread lies like, "this kind of mass killing doesn't happen in other countries”. Only it does... often worse. The U.S. is one of the least murderous in the America's, and there were worse mass murders in Europe and Asia. Before Obama stirred up unrest, the rate was much lower. It turns out that while fostering change and racial friction might be a good political move, it seems to shake the crazies out of the trees. (Similar upticks happened during Clinton, Johnson, and Biden). Crazies aren't stupid, they know what, when, and how, will get them the most attention.
In the U.S., observable patterns:
- Warning Signs: the majority (≈80%) had multiple warnings/arrests/hints/concerned folks, including letters or prior attempts. Very rarely is it the guy next door that snaps.
- Suicide by fame: About half shoot themselves. This is suicide by glory; attention seeking. Media/Democrats sensationalization these events for their political agenda gets copy cats. They know that. They do it anyways. This is an easy fix, that the media/left won't do, because they value the money/attention/agenda more than the lives of innocents. They do not have the moral high ground. 
- Not just young white males: Most are males, but the "young white loner” may be more the exception than the norm. Only a few are under 25, over 40 is more common. And immigrants and other rates are probably over represented. (Way more when you throw in gangland mass shootings).
- Left Leaning: I don't believe the politics is the motive in most cases. But the left tries to spin it early and hard as they're all right wing gun toting white supremacists (sometimes later they offer back page corrections, after their rubes buy in and repeat the lie). The facts disagree. Most have left leanings and buy into the ideology of, "I'm a vitim" and "you made me do this". Fewer are clearly conservative. Most of the manifestos are far left ones: Ted Kaczynski, James J. Lee (Green Activist), Seung-Hui Cho (Virginia Tech shooter). Dylan Roof may be an exception.
- Gun Control Laws had no effect:
- Gun Free Zones were popular places to go (>50%) who knew mass murders wouldn’t respect signs telling them not to bring guns where they wanted to kill people? And might actually target places where they could do more damage and get more attention? Many were legally acquired pistols in strict gun-control states.
- Assault Weapons were the exception, not the norm. Only a small percentage used "Assault Weapons"... and every one had pistol or shotgun as backup, or illegal explosives, armor, fires, etc., which do more damage in close quarters anyways. Outlawing assault weapons would do nothing but harass legal sport shooters, and get people to use alternatives that are as good or better in close quarters.
👁️ See also
- Mass Murder FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions (and answers) about Mass Murders, or the Mass Murderers.
- Mass Murder by Country - List of mass murders by country to give an idea that different countries have different problems: but gun control does not cure problems.
Wikipedia is a good resource -- but they over-differentiate types of mass murderers. Dead is dead. Rampage killers:
- schools, workplace, vehicles, home intruders, familicides,
- Ameircas, Europe,