Gilroy Garlic Festival
Victims: 21 (4 / 17)
|Santino William Legan (19) - it appears Santino Legan used wire-cutters to get into the Gilroy Garlic Festival, and opened fire, killing 4 and injuring 15 before getting shot by cops. During the shooting someone yelled, "why are you doing this", and he yelled back, "Because I'm really angry!" California has every gun control they can imagine, and this was a gun free zone with metal detectors and personal scans, and still this happens there (at least 35 times in California). I've been to this festival a few times, as it is about 30 minutes down the road and I was in town when it happened.||Cause: ❓Unknown
Motive: ❓ Unknown
🚫 Gun Free Zone
🕊️ Gun Control State
Facts[edit | edit source]
- He was of Italian & Iranian decent (me too). But it was a couple generations back, and his family was established and respected in the Gilroy community.
- He posted on instagram right before the shooting, "Ayyy garlic festival time. Come get wasted on overpriced shit.” <- he does't seem to like commercialism.
- Media blamed white conservatives, no evidence to support that, more to hint he was a typical bay area anti-Corporate leftist.
- He said the book, "Might Is Right" by Ragnar Redbeard is incendiary. Some are claiming that it's a right wing book... but what are they using to define right/left wing (aka the Political Spectrum)?
- The book contains strong anti-Semitic statements, but lots of things written at this time did. It also seems to have some Social Darwinism overtones, that were also very popular among left wing progressives of the era (see Wilson).
- He also said, "Why overcrowd towns and pave more open space to make room for hordes of mestizos and Silicon Valley white twats?" <- mestizos is a rather respectful term for blended races (like he was), and disliking white tech twats implies that if it was racism it might be more against whites than against minorities.
There are racist overtones in the book, which was common amongst the progressive left at the time -- and it seems that the book and the kid were more anti-establishment (including religion). So I'm not sure how you conclude right or left wing, unless you have an agenda. The said the same stuff about the eco-greeny in Christchurch, NZ, and that turned out to be poppycock.
- Wikipedia: Gilroy Garlic Festival shooting
- Good info: https://heavy.com/news/2019/07/santino-william-legan/
- Wikipedia: Might Is Right - the survival of the fittest (Social Darwinism): https://archive.org/details/MightIsRight_966
- Ignore Christian philosophy of the Hebrew prophets and "weepful" Messiahs (about humility and subjugation to higher authority), the only authority is that which will be enforced by club or sword. And laws/writs can be ignored unless they are enforced.
- Obedience is the sign of the degenerate. Disobedience is the stamp of the hero.
- It celebrated individualism, and had open sexism (men are stronger) and racism (anglosaxons "won" because they are better).
- The Book of Satan (Anton LaVey's The Satanic Bible) borrows heavily from this book.
Tags: People USA Mass Murderers U.S. Massacres