Hollywood was created in 1886 by H. J. Whitley, based on a Chinese-American's broken English reply that he was Hauling Wood.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
H. J. Whitley had already started over 100 towns across the western United States, he was on his honeymoon in 1886 at the top of the hill looking out over the valley. Along came a Chinese man in a wagon carrying wood. The man got out of the wagon and bowed. The Chinese man was asked what he was doing and replied, "I holly-wood," meaning 'hauling wood.' H. J. Whitley decided to name his new town Hollywood: "Holly" would represent England and "wood" would represent his Scottish heritage.
H. J. Whitley's company (Los Angeles Pacific Boulevard and Development Company), bought the 480 acres E.C. Hurd ranch, and created the map of his plans. But it was Daeida Wilcox, a prominent investor and friend of Whitley's, who recommended the same name to her husband, who had purchased 120 acres on February 1, 1887, and they used that name and filed it with the Los Angeles County Recorder's office on a deed and parcel map of the property.
Hollywood was incorporated as a municipality on November 14, 1903, and then (January 30, 1904) banished liquor in the city, except when it was being sold for medicinal purposes, and later movie theaters. Then in 1910, the city voted to merge with Los Angeles in order to secure an adequate water supply and to gain access to the L.A. sewer system. Finally 1923, a large sign, reading HOLLYWOODLAND, was built in the Hollywood Hills to advertise a housing development -- and in 1949 the Hollywood Chamber of Commerce took over repair and rebuilding the sign: including removing the last 4 letters, to now refer to the district, rather than the housing development.
After problems in New Jersey because of Edison suing filmmakers, many of them fled west to Los Angeles area and started setting up production near Los Angeles for better weather, variety of terrain, and to evade New Jersey patent infringement. Hollywood became known as Tinseltown and the "dream factory" because of the glittering image of the movie industry.
- Alec Baldwin - A divisive (racism, sexist) actor/activist that killed a director through irresponsible gross negligence.Sometimes your purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others. Alec Baldwin has a history of being that person: from degrading his daughter, shooting and killing a director on a movie he produced, to picking the wrong side of most causes and people. Model your life after being the anti-Alec.
- Asia Argento - She demonstrates Hollywood (and SJW Entertainment industry) silliness, with her sanctimonious hypocritical speech.She calls out Harvey Weinstein for "rape" on something she willfully participated in, and blames everyone else for allowing it to happen, after she didn't lift a finger to report or stop it. She sucked dick in exchange for career advancement, and only forward (and doing it for 25 years) because that too would advance her career. There's a word for what she is, and it isn't "hero".
- Tom Brokaw - Once considered the paragon of a fair Journalism, history shows how partisan and biased he was all along.Once considered the paragon of a fair Journalism (at least to the gullible or left), history has shown how partisan and biased he was all along. Also sexual aggressor (according to MeToo).
- Jim Carrey - A Canadian actor, comedian, writer, and faux artist know for frenetic slapstick performances, and attacks on reason.A Canadian actor, comedian, writer, and faux artist. He was known for his energetic slapstick performances. Once he "retired" he sort of lost his mind. Maybe part of his depression, or deeper mental issues. But his comments, "art" and interviews show a man decending into leftist insanity.
- Robert De Niro - A repeat High School flunk-out, multiple divorcé, famous for playing make believe (acting) as low-IQ'd tough guys.High School flunk-out, multiple divorcé, actor famous for playing low-IQ tough guys. While he has quite a filmography, he's recently been playing a loud-mouthed low-IQ'd Trump Hating Democrat, ending multiple award presentations with "Fuck Trump", because Trumps a Wharton School graduate in Economics, President, Billionaire and done more for America than De Niro ever will.
- Kathy Griffin - Kathy is a whiney, rude, shock-jock of comedy. Not quite as bad as Sarah Silverman, Rosey O'Donnel, Samantha Bee.Kathy is a whiney, rude, shock-jock of comedy. Not quite as bad as many of her ilk: Sarah Silverman, Rosey O'Donnel, Samantha Bee and such.. but still a generally caustic and only occasionally funny human being. Yet with visions of competence and entitlement.
- Jimmy Kimmel - Unfunny, Misogynist pseudo-commedian of the Man Show, before he became woke host of late night TV.Unfunny, Misogynist pseudo-commedian of the Man Show, before he became woke host of late night TV. Instead of the Johnny Carson tradition of poking at both sides, Kimmel became Jon Steward (an SJW moron) who alienates anyone who values fairness. And earneed lower ratings, lower audience IQ, and won all sorts of Hollywood awards.
- Eric McCormack - Will, of Will and Grace, vocal far-leftist, that gets caught being hypocritical and anti-diversity (towards conservatives).Will, of Will and Grace TV show (who culturally appropriate his role away from a Gay actor) became a vocal conservative hater that said he didn't want intellectual diversity on his show (No Conservatives). Also that anyone that donates to conservatives should be outted/doxxed and harassed. Basically, he wants to bring back Hollywood blacklists.
- Alyssa Milano - TV personality famous for playing a ditz. Also famous for being one IRL.One of the hypocritical voices of #MeToo, general lefist pain-in-the-ass. Payed a ditzy girl, then a ditzy witch... not a ditzy activist.
- Rosie O'Donnell - Rosie is a somewhat vile person. It's that she's an igonrant bully. It's delicious watching her get her comeuppance.Rosie is a somewhat vile person. It's not that she's not entitled to her opinions, I have no problems with that. It's just she's so nasty about anyone who disagrees, that she invites mocking back: nothing is as delicious as seeing a bully get their comeuppance, and Rosie is a bully.
- John Oliver - John Oliver is Jon Stewards perpetually outraged British Socialist successor.John Oliver is Jon Stewards perpetually outraged British Socialist successor. It's their schtick: look at everything in the world as if you're channelling Mao, Marx, or Michael Moore... with a little more wit, and as much dishonesty. They're funny, if you don't think too deeply. But if you do, they're Patch Adams telling crippled jokes to amputees at Walter Reed hospital.
- Ricky Gervais - Far-left, fearless english comedian, actor, director, and writer that has survived the Woke Mob... so far.It might be his leftist bonafides, but Ricky Gervais has told the self-important Hollywood elites at the Golden Globes how the rest of the country (and world) see them and their sanctimonious speeches at masturbatory award shows. He's a rare lefty that seems to get that leftism can go too far, when it starts trying to censor and bully and preen.
- Amy Schumer - The actress from Trainwreck didn't have to stretch for the role, like a less talented Sarah Silverman.The actress from Trainwreck, who didn't have to stretch much for the role, continues to put her career in an inverted flat-spin. I don't mind comediennes who are funny and edgy. But she seemed to be just edgy... like a talentless Sarah Silverman.
- Aaron Sorkin - They say "you are what you do", you're the sum of your work, and your work is a reflection of your soul.They say "you are what you do", you're the sum of your work, and your work is a reflection of your soul. While some of Sorkin's stuff is mildly entertaining, I'd be embarrassed if I was him. Of course he probably isn't, which tells me what I need to know.
- Kevin Spacey - Actor - 20 men accused of sexual misconduct, including 14 year old. #MeTooI'm not a fan, or hater of Kevin Spacey. Kevin did the right thing of apologizing to his 20 victims (after doing the wrong thing by trying to inebriate and exploit them). GLADD did the right thing by not making excuses for the bad behavior, so I give them complete credit for having objective standards (and living up to them).
- George Takei - Mildly amusing b-rate actor, snarky bitch, plagiarist, hypocrite... a renaissance man of the new millennium.Look, I don't mind George, he's snarky, bitchy, catty, sometimes funny, and famous for being a b-rate actor in a b-rate series that went viral. But he's also a liberal flaming hypocrite. As long as he and others admit and own it, I don't care. Just don't act like this is wisdom.
Memes/Places/Hollywood • [8 items]
Downloading Celebrity Opinions.
The Actors Union would be a good place to try Socialism!
Miley, Madonna, Gaga think Trump degraded the image of Women.
NRA vs Hollywood depiction of guns.
Reese-with-her-spoon... and Reese-without-her-spoon.
How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob, if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?
Rosie O'Donnell picking...
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
The History of Hollywood sums up the city nicely:
- Hollywood was named after a racial slur
- It was named by one person but another person registered it (stolen IP)
- It was sold as being for something it wasn't used for...
- And the reason it existed was to rip off someone else's intellectual property
- The sign they're most famous for was done by someone else, and they stole credit
- The first thing they did was make it a dry city and ban the industry that made it famous
- And only a few years after the city was founded they had to give up control because they couldn't manage their own water or sewage
But none of the pretentious preening locals knows that, while they virtue signal that they are more enlightened than the rest of the nation... The more things change, the more they stay the same.