James T. Hodgkinson
Bernie Sanders supporter and left wing activist who shot Steve Scalise (and other Republicans) at baseball practice.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
The Right[edit | edit source]
- While Obama, "Never let an opportunity go to waste" (to divide us), and used mass shootings to ignore blame guns, the NRA or Republicans, Donald Trump's first speech after a shooting refreshing: far more Presidential and uniting. Despite having far more evidence to condemn the political opposition 
- A few commentators took note, but mostly, the divisiveness from the left continued without a picosecond of introspection. Still, Trump handled this event far more graciously than Obama handled any of the shootings he commented on.
- Despite this Hodgkinson being a Bernie Sanders campaign worker/superfan, the first things I heard from the right were quotes of unity, "To all my republican friends... Please do not hold Bernie responsible for something one of his supporters did. It's like holding Trump responsible for the KKK guy endorsing him. It's ignorant and just kills your credibility."
- Even Sean Hannity pointed this out in the first wave. Lead by example. Be better. 
The left[edit | edit source]
There a joke, don't let the 95% give the rest of the Democrats a bad name.
The Good - There were a few almost adult responses by the left.
- Stephen Colbert (douchebag extradordinaire), did a good thing and thanked Trump for his moderate response. 
- A few of the left came out with almost moderate posts on the topic, like WaPo on day-2 
The Rest - but the immediate voices of the left, media, and celebrities were often the opposite. They tried to divide us with their usual tropes, and blame republicans for a Bernie supporter, shooting Republicans, after saying he wanted to kill all Republicans.
- CNN - After Bernie Sander supporter James T. Hodgkinson shot Republican Steve Scalise practicing baseball, CNN misreported that (a) Trump had not visited Scalise (b) only Democrats prayed for Scalise and his recovery (c) omitted or had erroneous details on Hodgkinson's background or motives. All divisive and false. 
- The Atlantic's David Frumm of course blamed the lack of gun control for causing this. Since Hodgkinson was never convicted and using just a pistol, and guns are illegal in D.C., this is retarded. And he ranted that we'll offer prayers instead of authoritarian overreach. 
- Univision Jorge Ramos tweeted away about eliminating the 2nd Amendment. 
- New Republic writer Malcolm Harris tweeted that it was self defense since Republicans were trying to get rid of Obamacare (and improve the failing healthcare bill with something much better). 
- Hayley MacMillen, the editor of Allure magazine, whined that it was inappropriate to not take every example of Democrats behaving poorly (shooting Republicans) to advance their agenda of gun control 
- MSNBC Talking Head first called for ISIS type terror attacks on Trump, then decries the violence and has no idea where it came from. 
- Celebrities came out in droves to blame the lack of anti-Constitutional fascism (Gun Control) for something that gun control couldn't have prevented. Mia Farrow, Julianne Moore, Tariq Nasheed, Charles Clymer. 
The backlash[edit | edit source]
- Climate of Hate - When Gabby Giffords was shot (by a left winger), the left lined up to blame Republicans for "the climate of hate". When another left winger shoots republicans, it's the republicans fault for getting shot, and complaining about the left's climate of hate. 
U.S._Massacres/Congressional_Baseball • [1 items]
Victims: 7 (1 / 6)
Tools: Pistol, Knife
|James T. Hodgkinson (66) - Homeless Bernie Sanders and SPLC super fan, with a history of crimes, tried to assassinate a bunch of Republicans playing baseball. He shot U.S. House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R), Matt Mika, Zack Barth, and killed U.S. Capitol police officer Crystal Griner.||Cause: 🤪 Mental Health
Motive: ⬅️ Left
🚫 Gun Free Zone
- Giffords - http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/14/nyt-uses-gop-shooting-to-falsely-attack-sarah-palin-with-debunked-conspiracy-theory/
Coulter: the resistance goes live fire
Maddow: http://www.breitbart.com/video/2017/06/14/rachel-maddow-denies-show-contact-va-shooter-segment-not-re-air-show-repeat/ Morning Joe: http://legalinsurrection.com/2017/06/mika-im-not-blaming-trump-squarely-for-scalise-shooting-but/ Bernie: http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/15/bernie-sanders-fundraised-off-giffords-shooting-blamed-gop-rhetoric-violence/ Who is he: http://thefederalist.com/2017/06/14/congressional-shooter-bernie-bro-joined-terminate-republican-party-facebook-group/ HuffPo making it worse: http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/huffpost-writer-wishes-violent-resistance-were-more-organized SPLC:
The intercept decided not to say anything, whcih sort of reflects on their morals in all this.
Tags: People Guns Intercept SPLC U.S. Massacres/Congressional Baseball Gabby Giffords
- ↑ Uniting:
- ↑ http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/06/15/stephen-colbert-utters-two-truly-shocking-words-to-trump-about-the-virginia-shooting/
- ↑ * https://thehornnews.com/busted-top-cnn-reporter-caught-spreading-trump-lies/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/jorgeramosnews/status/874998745733136384
- ↑ https://twitter.com/BigMeanInternet/status/874972869150859265
- ↑ https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-whitlock/2017/06/14/shameful-journalists-immediately-politicize-congressional
- ↑ http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/kristine-marsh/2017/06/14/msnbc-analyst-who-called-terrorist-attack-now-bashing-guns-todays