(Redirected from Greenwald)
Journalist, author and lawyer that cofounded The Intercept, then was driven out for putting liberalism over progressivism.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
- Glenn Greenwald is a journalist, author, and legal commentator known for his strong criticism of government policies and actions, particularly regarding national security and civil liberties.
- He is a left-leaning or liberal voice in political commentary.
- Because of his views on Free Speech (anti-Woke), anti-Authoritarianism, not being a Climate Crisis type environmentalist, and while he's left-leaning he's moderate left and fails many of the DNC/Woke/Far-Left litmus tests, the ignorant left will call him right wing. He isn't.
- Because some on the right are fooled by him being called right wing, or see him on FoxNews defending free speech, or complaining about the authoritarian left (why he'll usually get called to appear), they think he's right-wing. He isn't.
- He's classical moderate left wing ideologue, but not far left wing partisan. He will call out Obama or Biden for their authoritarian overreaches (violating his ideology) as he will Bush or Trump.
- I like him, because he's honest and good at what he does, and I don't think he lies about it. He would admit he's moderate left. He has far more moderation in person than in his writing; often because he's paired off with/against others and has space to offer counter-balances or accept them, and the format allows it. He's the kind that I can find things I agree with him on, and could argue with him on things we don't agree on, and I get the impression he could take that reasonably. So one of the few voices on the left, that I can completely respect, even when I don't agree.
Greenwald • [1 items]
|Glenn Greenwald, then he left, and they went further left. Greenwalds Intercept would attack both Republicans and Democrats for not being left enough, or any support of national security or foreign involvements. He right left because they went partisan, woke, anti-Free speech and tolerated leftist hypocrisy.|