All about Electric Vehicles (cars mostly).
~ Aristotle Sabouni
Whatever you wanted to know about Electric Cars, but were afraid to ask. (Or didn't lookup any place else).
- 10 Facts on EVs - PJ Media article "10 Facts Electric Vehicle Advocates Don't Want You to Know". I want you to know. And I'm still an advocate. Of course some are hit and miss truths or degrees of truth, or whether you buying for now or the future.
- EV Fires - There's a lot of hype about EV fires. New tech deserves scrutiny. But so far (2021), they are safer than ICE (61x) or Hybrids (139x). I have more concerns with pouch/prism than cylindrical batteries (because of cascading). But overall fires are rarer... but much harder to stop once started
- Electric Vehicles/Batteries - Battery tech is advancing faster than ICE (Internal Combustion Engines). So right now, a 300 mile range and 60 minute charge times, and 1,000 cycle lifespan has tradeoffs over an ICE. But once we start hitting 450 miles, 15 minute charge times, and 2,000+ cycles, and it's basically better than ICE's in 99% of situations.
- Electric Vehicles/Charging - Charging has a lot of confusing specs and tradeoffs. On top of that, there are people intentionally (or through ignorance) misleading others. The concept aren't difficult, just new. So there's more to know in the shake-out period. Eventually, there will be so much capacity, and that you won't think about it. Hopefully, this will remove some of the mystery.
- Ford - One of the first and most innovative car companies.
- Gasoline and EVs - Centralized Force (Incentives/Penalties) proves that a technology is not ready yet. If you shut up and wait, the problem will cure itself, or it shouldn't be cured. Once you start forcing it, you proved that the technology failed, and you're a loser (wannabe tyrant/bully) trying to force the sqaure peg in a round hole.
- Tesla - Tesla is such a series of contradictions, a company that shouldn't have been able to succeed, but has. They've missed every delivery date, and still exceeded expectations. The Davey that beat the goliaths and force-fed innovation to companies 100x their size, and made consumers rethink what they wanted in a car.