Fake Conservative or once conservative that caught TDS and went full leftist on many issues.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
David French • [3 items]
- America is being pulled apart - Time's Token Conservative, RINO, and TDS suffering #NeverTrump'er David French, wrote a piece that explained America is on the brink of self destruction. Instead of pointing out why, he spins it "both sides fault"... the progressives for the rending, and the conservativres for not shutting up and letting societies fabric be rended.
- David French/Downplays Twitter Files - David French tries to downplay the Twitter Files, then is embarrassed by how idiot he was, and instead of an admission of a mistake and contrition, he deletes his own tweets and gets schooled for doing so. I don't mind mistakes and corrections if you own them and explain what you're doing to avoid them in the future. Covert historical revisionism is leftism.
- David French/Flip-Flops - French is Flip Flops on key issues like support for Trump, opposition to Gay Marriage, or whatever displeases (or is in the way of advancement) in the leftist publications he is working for. I generally don't mind growth / revision of views. But his flip flops don't smell like that, they feel more like moral sacrifices for career/social advancement.
Critics on the right argue that David French represents a brand of liberal conservativism that they blame for the decline in conservative influence in US politics.
- French's Defense David French wrote a piece in National Review where he argued against many of the points that Ahmari raised. He argues that Ahmari has created a strawman version of French, one who lacks awareness of the realities of politics
- Rebut Ben Domenech writes in The Federalist that French's response does not deal with the situations that Ahmari raised and instead focused on a case in a courtroom that, due to the rules, demanded civility. He goes on to argue that Ahmari is basically correct and the Frenchism is not a constructive approach to conservative politics 
- ↑ First Things: Against David French-ism
- ↑ National Review: What Sohrab Ahmari Gets Wrong
- ↑ The Federalist: The Cultural White Walkers Have Descended