End of Halucinations. Lots of visits. Melissa 6.1 (w/De-Fib Pacemaker). Move to rehab.
2023-03-11 to 03-17 - End of Halucinations, Lots of visits. Melissa 6.1 (w/De-Fib Pacemaker).
- The fourth week was visits, getting her Pacemaker upgrade (w/De-Fib), and getting her into Rehab.
- Lots of friends visiting (or calling) which keeps Melissa engaged, talking, and happy. She loves people.
- She got her new Pacemaker (Melissa 6.1) w/De-Fibrillator functionality. That set back rehab a couple days
- They did some tests before releasing her to rehab... but she got there Thurs night, and started work on Friday.
- Friday was tough; she's declared legally blind for Rehab and that didn't go over well. But she worked hard, sat/stood, got a shower, is eating better, and is rated high on cognitive abilities. So the work begins.
Journal[edit | edit source]
Day 22[edit source]
|2023-03-11 (Saturday) - Hard night (bored, long, halucinations). Then she had a good day, until we need to leave
Day 23[edit source]
|2023-03-12 (Sunday) - good night, but headache crisis, then good day (and a new haircut)
- She brought scissors, and hacked at the giant dredlock in the back, until Melissa got an assymetric bob. Inverse mullet: Party in the front, business in the back. (Looks cute -- and perfect tactics to combat bed-head!)
- Mandy also played OT (Occupational Therapist) and got Melissa to (a) Brush her own hair (b) brush her own teeth. It's wonderful to show Melissa she's going to get her life back, one independence assisting step at a time.
- They also figured out when Melissa starts to fade and go slurry, it's a blood-sugar/calorie thing. Mandy got her to drink some high-calorie shake stuff, and Melissa got a second wind with a lot more mental acuity/energy.
Day 24[edit source]
Day 25[edit source]
|2023-03-14 (Tuesday) - Mom doing servant duties. On pain meds. Called Julie.
Day 26[edit source]
|2023-03-15 (Wednesday) - PT, Jennifer and Rebecca visited, CT in prep for release (to Rehab)
Day 27[edit source]
|2023-03-16 (Thursday) - Glaucoma, Rehab, Foley, Visit, Brother.
Day 28[edit source]
|2023-03-17 (Friday) - Rehab Day-1; fear, hard work, shower, and only a little vomit
Tags: 2023 Heart Attack/Weeks