Paul R. Ehrlich
Winner of many accolades for being wrong, authoring the discredited Population Bomb, popularizing the Global Cooling scare.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
Failures[edit | edit source]
- Earth Day - Earth Day was a fake Holiday invented to support the far left, Marxist, anti-Humanity (Population Bomb Phobia) movement.Earth Day was a fake Holiday invented to support the far left, Marxist, anti-Humanity (Population Bomb Phobia) movement. The early message wasn't resonated so they moved to more green and less soylent green. The founders were kooks and criminals, the cause would hurt humanity, but if you sell anything with peace and love, the rubes and sheep will follow.
- Global Cooling Scare - The dishonest, partisan and uninformed downplay the Global Cooling craze of the 1970's, because it makes them look bad.Many downplay the Global Cooling craze of the 1970's, but it was a real, large and popular movement based on the "Scientific Consensus" of the day, and was sensationalized by the media. When the temp trends flipped, they flipped too: same cause, same cure -- man is to blame, we need Marxism to save us. So says the Marxists and their flock.
- The Population Bomb - Marxist-sponsored hippie environmentalists re-invented the Malthusian catastrophe, and the only solution was Marxism.Marxist-sponsored hippie environmentalists re-invented the Malthusian catastrophe as "The Population Bomb". This suicide cult believed that if we don't give the government supreme power to enact compulsory population control, then there would be mass starvation and war by the early 1980s. It didn't happen. But they assure us that Marxism is the only cure for what's coming any day now.
- Tragedy of the commons - Malthusian Catastrophes and Tragedy of the commons is used to justify leftist actions, despite always being wrong.We often get dire warnings about Malthusian Catastrophes, Ehrlich's population bombs and how individuals can't be trusted to manage shared interests. We need government to protect us from ourselves. History shows the opposite: individuals form small governments for common interests better than big governments, unless big government stops them.
Earth Day[edit source]
|Beepocalypse. Now it is plastic waste or ocean acidification. Chicken little is desperate to get your attention.
There's a ton of silly exploitation in the name of the planet. Like going to electric cars which are browner in every way but tailpipe emissions (which is the least of our problems). Another example I like is Apple. In order to up their green cred, they go to all these environmentally safe materials for their cables, that wear out faster and create more pollution than they help. But if they try to work with Greenpeace or other environmental loons to explain, "if we use a little of this plastic, it'll reduce wear and save in the long run", those are nuances that beyond environmental activists. They demand being greener, by using materials that are far more wasteful to the environment.
In announcing the first Earth Day celebration, the Cleveland Press headline summed it up perfectly, "Hippies and Housewives Unite to Protest What Man is Doing to Earth." While a little condescending, it was closer to the truth than anything the NYT would publish on the topic today.
In the end, both Marxist and Environmentalists can't tell the truth, because that wouldn't advance their cause. "Things have been getting better despite our warnings, so lets change everything!", isn't a good sell. So when you know the truth is unpopular, and you still want your agenda, your only option is to give up your dreams, or lie. Most choose the latter.
For example, while Earth Day sells itself as some rainbow coalition, the truth is they're not very open minded (as seen how they treat people who disagree), and more exemplified by the history of the anti-humanity and anti-immigrant views of many of the founders and proponents. Or despite it being sold as a day of celebration for the Earth and Peace, Earth Day has never been a celebration of the beauty and bounty of this awesome blue marble. Instead it’s always been an assault on humanity.
And so on, and so on. But if you mention the failures of their past predictions, they'll attack you like Stalin on a capitalist street vendor trying to feed his family. While the problem of the day (year) keeps shifting, the cause (humans) never does. And their solution is always the same: give them (government) the power, to take away your liberty, and they'll protect the trees and environment from you. Just like the USSR did in Chernobyl, or China does as the greatest strip-miners in history.
Global Cooling Scare[edit source]
The Population Bomb[edit source]
When the 1960’s happened the hippie collectivist environmentalists started their watermelon movement (green on the outside, red on the inside). They had nothing logical to support their fear-mongering, so they just went with the long disproven falsehood of Tragedy of the commons, again.
Paul made bone-headed predictions like:
Despite the opposite of all his predictions coming true, he claims to this day that his book was, "way too optimistic”. Showing this old dog can’t learn from his mistakes. And because his ideas were so wrong, and derivative, he’s won every award the left can throw at him: Sierra Club, World Wildlife Fund, MacArthur Prize, UN, American Institute of Biological Sciences — it’s like the whose who of those that don’t know what’s what.
Tragedy of the commons[edit source]
Malthusian Catastrophes and Tragedy of the commons (the idea that people can't cooperate for mutual interest), is defied by every cross industry standard, Open Source software, and everything ever released to public domain. Yet the idea that we need government to protect us from ourselves, is still used to justify Marxism, despite it being fundamentally wrong.
If you want to see whether government can protect us from tragedy of the commons, just look to countries that had the strongest authoritarian governments like USSR, Eastern Europe, North Korea, Cambodia, Venezuela, Cuba, and tell us how well they’ve managed their resources compared to countries like ours? We created most of the innovations we consider “greener” and better for the environment, most coming not from Government but our private sectors, and Government jumping on board later. While they had Goverment policies to prevent the people from doing "bad things", that the government made exceptions for themselves, and the people mostly ignored.Those of us who have some idea of history, science, sociology, human nature, realize that individuals can cooperate for mutual interest just fine, and it’s been government interfering with those natural processes that has created far more problems than it has ever helped.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
|Tragedy of the Commons: people need government force to work together. Yet:
- Plagerized the Malthusian Catastrophe (immitating chicken little) to pretend that The Population Bomb was about to go off, and kill us all, because of the disproven Tragegy of the Commons theory. And we needed Marxism to save us.
- Ehrlich was an early voice in Earth Day, and supported their debunked ideals like Peak Oil Theory, and we needed Marxism to save us.
- Ehrlich was an early voice in Global Cooling, and we needed Marxism to save us.
He was wrong on everything, but Ehrlich milked 30 years of fame by revising his debunked theories, or flipping them and support Global Warming. But like Marx got to mooch the good life of the bourgeoisie (or entitlement class) -- but instead of off one benefactor, he did it with a lifetime appointment as a Stanford Professor of ignorance. And isn't that what's important?
Tags: People Environment TBD Climate Advocate Earth Day Founders Polemics/Democrats
- ↑ Hippies and Housewives Unite to Protest What Man is Doing to Earth: https://case.edu/ech/articles/e/environmentalism/