NPR has become National Progressive-only Radio, with an overt anti-American bias.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
Bias[edit | edit source]
If you're biased and you know it, clap your hands. I don't mind bias (we're all biased), I more mind dishonesty. So every time I hear a reporter on NPR claim they're non-biased, right before they prove otherwise, it irks the crap out of me. But then, every now and then, one surprises me and openly admits the truth. Their CEO did, once he left his position, in a quote that completely fits my experience with NPR.
Most NPR news has two solutions to every problem:
- (1) "government failed to solve this, or made it worse: the solution is more government", or
- (2) "I know, let's pass a law/regulation/tax to fix it".
When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.
FakeNews[edit | edit source]
I listen to NPR more than any other radio station, and used to enjoy their humor shows or This American Life. But even those shows got tainted with far left comedians and far left views. If I listen for 30 minutes, I can usually hear about 5 things they got wrong by committing a lie of omission or commission, and that's gotten me to listen less. So this section would be huge, if I wanted to dedicate my life to nothing else -- but it's so bad, that I usually just have to ignore their disinformation or propaganda. Examples of getting it wrong include:
NPR • [16 items]
- 2016.10.02 Molon Labe - NPR pretentiously tries to mock the 2nd Amendment folks, and makes fools of themselves (on our tax dollar). Again. This whine was about the appropriation of the one true meaning of Molon Labe, and its appropriate use by the 2A proponents, then NPR muddles the history/facts/intent, and forgets about the original use by King Leonidas I of Sparta (480 BC).
- 2017.05.10 anti-Wikileaks - WikiLeaks has 100% perfect record of authentic and accurately-vetted releases, so NPR and MSNBC tried to trash for their better record by pointing to non-Wikileaks content, and pointing out that since some of it isn't valid, then you shouldn't trust Wikileaks. That's like claiming you shoudn't trust NPR and MSNBC because some of their guests lie.
- 2017.10.21 NPR Bias - NPR CEO did a good thing, by admitting they're biased (FakeNews)... and when the ex-CEO got out of his progressive bubble, and visited America, he was pleasantly surprised by what he found. It's a shame that this article had to run in NYPost, and is like nothing you'd ever hear on NPR.
- 2019.01.27 Learn to Code - ❄️ The left is angry because after the Obama administration's anti-business/anti-coal policies put many thousands of coal miners out of work they supported the administrations, "Learn to Code" response. Then the same Journos/Organizations had lay-offs... and they found the "Learn to Code" retweets insensitive, when it was being applied to them.
- 2019.02.05 SOTU 2019 - The State of the Union speech was a little late (thanks to Nancy's shutdown), but it got delivered. Trump took the high road, Nancy/Dems took the lower one. Trump got a 76% approval, and higher ratings that 2018 or Obama, on a longer and deeper speech. FakeNews and the Fake FactCheckers proved their bias.
- 2019.09.25 Hiding the Abortionist - Indiana/Illinois abortionist (Ulrich Kopfer) died on Sept. 3, and 2,246 aborted babies were founded neatly labeled and preserved (as trophies), and the media all but suppressed (ignored) it. The bias in suppressing the story is nearly as disgusting as the story itself.
- 2020.06.19 Trump Rally Attendance - FakeNews was gleefully reporting that Trump's rally attendance was low because of a TikTok campaign to RSVP and use up all the tickets. Only it was first come, first serve -- so RSVP'ing did nothing but make their projections off. The reason for low attendance was bad weather, and leftists bullying people trying to get in.
- Assange Irony - Chelsea Manning steals government secrets and is the pardoned hero of the left. Assange must be ruined for publishing it. Why? Manning is a transexual that undermined national security and cost lives. Assange published truths (leaks) that made the Democrats/Hillary look bad. (Actually, their actions and own words made them look bad, but close enough).
- Covington High School Confrontation - NYT and MSM published an article claiming Covington HS kids mobbed a Native American and an Indigenous People's march. All false. The truth is the story was almost completely flipped; obnoxious activists attacked the kids for right to life march, got in their face, and they remained calm. Later they sued for Defamation and won, bigly for the FakeNews Medias lies.
- FakeNews about Cagegate - This FakeNews fiasco was the fallacy that Trump's new immigration policy was breaking up families and putting kids in cages. The omitted reality was criminals (border jumpers) have always had the kids separated from the adults, as you aren't sure who are parents, and detaining both in the same place risks harm to children. The media even used faked propaganda images from Obama era to sell it.
- Global Massacres/Christchurch Shooting - 🇳🇿 A Green Nationalist (eco-Fascist), who hates Capitalism, Conservatism, and is Chinese Communist sympathizer. He doesn't like Trump, shot "muslim invaders" because immigrants were over-populating the planet and causing Global Warming, and used a gun instead of bombs, because he felt the left-wing gun-controllers would be his tools and magnify his message, and start a civil war trying to disarm honest citizens. The left ignores that, and spins it as he is a right-winger., Left wing eco-nationalist shot-up mosques because immigrants were over-populating the planet and causing Global Warming.
- Kushner Headline Sensationalism - "Jared Kushner not a focus in Russia Investigation"... then the 5th Paragraph: "[WaPo] has NOT been told that Kushner is a target or focus of the investigation, and has NOT been accused of any wrongdoing." Contradicting what you lead your readers to believe. That's the definition of FakeNews. (The NYT and NPR did it as well).
- MAVNI Military Recruits - The AP headline, "US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits" was a poorly written article about how immigrant enlisted had been let go. Orangeman was persecuting minorities in the military. Of course the truth is quite different, Trump reversed the Obama era program, and the media was spreading the Big Lie.
- NYT Kavanaugh Smear - Acting as a DNC's mouthpiece, the NYT published a hit-piece by Robin Pogrebin and Kate Kelly, who were promoting their book attacking Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh for being a sexual harasser. Fake News.
- Nina Totenbergs RBG Hagiography - NPR's top "Journalist," wrote a book (Dinners With Ruth) proving she wasn't a journalist, by fawning over her bias/friendship with RBG. Her "friendship" and praise of Ruth Bader Ginsberg, would be an embarrassment (and fireable offense) at any credible publication -- because it shows how biased she was, and thus all stories/coverage of RBG and the court was skewed for decades.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Memes[edit | edit source]