Nobel laureate who resigned to protest over its alarmist statements about climate change.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
- Giaever said"Is climate change pseudoscience? If I'm going to answer the question, the answer is: absolutely."
- Giaever has said man-made global warming is a "new religion."
- In the minority report released by the U.S. Senate Environment and Public Works Committee in March 2009, Giaever said, "I am a skeptic. … Global warming has become a new religion."
- In a featured story in Norway's largest newspaper, Aftenposten, 26 June 2011, Giaever stated, "It is amazing how stable temperature has been over the last 150 years."
Accolades[edit | edit source]
- Giaever got the Nobel Prize for showing that electron tunnelling took place in superconductors.
- Oliver E. Buckley Prize by the American Physical Society
- Zworykin Award by the National Academy of Engineering
- Honorary doctor honoris causa, at the Norwegian Institute of Technology
- FakeScience Fallacy Attack: The list of flaws in this article are all over the place, from appeal to consensus (and saying you should ignore the individual who demonstrates a problem with the data), lies of omission and commission. If you can't find a dozen errors in this articles claims, then you're not up for a adult discussion on anything science related: https://skepticalscience.com/ivar-giaever-nobel-physicist-climate-pseudoscientist.html
Tags: People Climate Skeptics