George Gascon is a Communist-Cuban-American (in priority order), that was a DA too racist for SF, so is destroying L.A.
~ Aristotle Sabouni
George Gascon is a Cuban American (more Communist than American) an inept Chief of Police in Mesa Arizona who resigned because he was about to be fired, so was appointed by Gavin Newsom to be a worse District Attorney in San Francisco and was forced to leave under a cloud of racial allegations and 49% increase in property crime (with equivalent reductions in prosecutions). With that in mind, he ran and won as DA of Los Angeles where he took his far left ideas that involve unilaterally reducing punishment, enforcement and freeing as many criminals as possible.
Examples[edit | edit source]
Some of his ideas that he supports include:
- Ending monetary bail
- Retroactively deciding that all marijuana-related drug crimes back to 1975 should be ignored, no matter how heinous or justified. And that no drug crime should be a felony (and <40% of misdemeanors should be prosecuted).
- Supported end juvenile hall, and said his office would "Never charge juveniles as adults" no matter how warranted.
- Inventing a "Young Adult" court where 18-24 year old felons would be treated more like minors (and punished less).
- Supported Prop 47 which classified more crimes as misdemeanors (which his office was loath to prosecute) -- and it turned California's crime trend from declining to increasing as a result of passage.
- Spent the population tax dollars on "weekend re-booking" -- hiring attorneys to let more criminals go over the weekend, so they wouldn't have to wait until Monday.
- "Reevaluated" any sentence for which the prisoner had already served 20 years, and was helping to find excuses to free them.
- Prohibited any of his district attorneys from attending any parole hearings, encouraging them to be released no matter how unworthy they were
There are other lowlights like where he calls the mother of a murder victim uneducated for wanting justice, and he said he wouldn't ever call for special circumstances or enhancements, no matter how warranted. He since backed off that a little in words, but not in deed. Or his first meeting after being sworn in was with Black Lives Matter.
Multiple victims families have come forward as Gascon has dropped special circumstances or enhancements (or let life without parole charges drop), for viciously kidnapped, tortured, and murdered L.A. kids.
Conclusion[edit | edit source]
Just what you want in a District Attorney: someone who values the liberty of criminals more than justice for the victims, or the law.
- Wikipedia:George Gascón