Saturday; Week 5 (Rehab Day 2), Happy Birthday! PT/OT, Many visitors, and some sight improvement.
2023-03-18 (Saturday) - Rehab Day-2; Happy Birthday! PT/OT, Lots of visitors, and some sight improement.
- Melissa's birthday!
- She did an excellent physical therapy day, ocuputation therapy (brushing hair, teeth, getting in/out of bed/wheelchair). Ate with a fork but has problems seeing to stab, but can feed herself. Got to use the big girl potty. She worked it, well.
- Visitors included: Richard and Vickie, Diane, Theressa and her daughters -- and of course her Mom (Mary), Devon and me.
- We called or were called by Cousin Alexis, Brother Devon's Family, Lisa, Debi, Bill (Dad), Aunt Betsy. Her brother Mark and Robin sent a video message, her other brother left a text messages, as did many other friends, and I read her many cards and texts.
- She got a Birthday Cake, Flowers, she's been out of the "gown" since rehab, and wearing home clothes (sweats).
- Vision improvements: she was able to see the TV a little bit (though I think it gave her a little nausea after a while). But she was starting to be able to see people across the room. She has good peripheral vision for motion. The biggest quirk is things look far away and small. But I keep pointing out to her that it comes and goes, and seems to be getting a little better.